19 January 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamp Challenge 21_Entry 3

We are having a heatwave here in Western Australia.   All the flowers are burnt around the edges, dry dead grass and leaves are certainly a bit depressing to look at.   What's a girl to do....well,stamp of course.!!!

So here is my final entry to the Kitchen Sink Stamp Challenge 21



Now the contest is all about stitching AND using  Kitchen Sink Stamps  

For this card I uses 3 sets.  The 3 Step Butterflies, 3 Step Pansy and the words from the Multi Step Berries

I did have some limitations for this card as I don't have very many ink colours.  I found this lovely sheet of paper for  behind the pansy's that just matched perfectly.

For the stitching, I stitched the line up to the butterfly then unpicked it and used a glittery marker to draw faux stitching.    The green lace  leaves I've used are also stitched by me on my Janome MC10001 Embroidery Machine.   I purchased the embroidery designs from Embroidery Library and used the 3 leaf design stitched in a multicoloured green thread.



Because the card has a texture, stamping directly ontop would have resulted in a patchy inking.   I stamped the side facing butterfly on a separate piece of paper,  cutting around the wings and body only.   I stamped the legs onto the card and embossed in a shiny black and mounted the wings in over the embossed area.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful detail! Love the coloring of the butterflies, the stitches leaves are a fantastic addition, as well as your faux stitching. Thanks for playing along with the Kitchen Sink Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you pulled these sets together to create this stunning birthday card!! What gorgeous work!!
    Thanks so much for sharing it with Kitchen Sink fans in this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is just so beautiful! The colors and the flowers and the butterflies are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete