08 January 2010

Kitchen Sink Stamp Crew Challenge 21




In my webtravels I came across these fun stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps .    This is my first ever entry to the  Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge #21  involving the KSS stamp and stitching.


Here is a close up of the stitched elements and the Kitchen Sink strawberry stamp.   The strawberry is stamped in 4 colours, layering from the lightest shade to the darkest.   This is the magical thing about KS stamps.  They are designed to be stamped to form a 3D image.  Brilliant.!  I used a fabric background which is zig zag stitched on a rectangle card punched with the Fiskars boarder punch.   I used an applique stitch to sew the strawberry circle on (see tip).

For those new to Kitchen Sink Stamps, particularly Aussie & New Zealand stampers, I'll be doing a review shortly on products, postage and customer service.
TIP:  To sew a circle, go slow and lift the foot to move your position frequently.  Pivoting when the needle is down on the outer edge.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Love your wonderful layout and punched edging as well as your great stitching!!

    Congratulations on your new blog!! Love the hibiscus borders!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your card in the Kitchen Sink Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the KSS images! Thanks so much for playing along with this months challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynn, what a surprise I got having your message left for me. : )...my first one.!!!

    I designed the hibiscus border myself from some of my photo's so thanks for the complement...bright isn't it.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is just sooo sweet, Anita! Love the papers you used on this! Thanks so much for playing this month with KSS!!

    ReplyDelete