08 August 2011

Buggy Challenge #5


After a long, long break I've jumped back into card making with a challenge.    I urgently needed a birthday card for my wonderful cousin Karen, who is a very glamourous lady indeed.     Sometimes inspiration is hard to find after a hiatus so having a starting point is great for a kick into action.

One of my favorite places to buy Quickutz from is Scrapbuggy

After having a wander around the site I noticed there is a scrapping challenge.   The challenge is to design something using the layout found here  Buggy Challenge #5

Okay, so it's not a scrapbooking page but I used my artistic license to use it for a card layout.   Lots to fit on to a small space but I think it still worked.

These are the Quickutz dies I used.......

And some Cuttlebug bits, I also used several other embossing folders.   Got to love those.!


As always, after being so careful with the gluing and colouring, as I picked it up I got a lovely big black mark  on the side.   What's a girl to do!!!!     An extra piece of sticky lace covered this up nicely.    This is the same holey lace that I used across the bottom, inking it with a silver green ink. 

Hope you enjoy and find some ideas and inspiration as I do when I wander around the blogiverse.



5 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful!!! Love how you used a scrapbook challenge for a card. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! What a great way to use the challenge sketch!! Wonderful job and thank you for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your card is gorgeous, Did you use your quickutz dies with your cuttlebug? I have seen some really cute dies around but I was not sure if they are compatible with my cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Tamika, I used my Epic to do the cuttlebug dies. I use a piece of wood that is slightly thinner than the two that come with the epic and have covered it in a thin felt (also helps stopping the dies sliding around). I'm sure you could do the same with the cuttlebug only using a thicker piece of wood or a few pieces of cardboard under your QK dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Anita! You won the drawing for this challenge!! Be sure to contact Gia with your shipping info so she can get your die out to you. :) Thanks for playing! We hope to see you again in the new challenge as well.

    Shar

    ReplyDelete