10 August 2011

Stampsmith Challenge #19

While wandering around the Blogiverse for inspiration I came across the Stampsmith Challenge.

The challenge is to use any stamp and use Teal & yellow as the colours.


I decided to use Lucy from the Stampsmith Lucy set.   I just love her expressions.  

I chalked a lemon yellow around the edge but it hasn't shown up on the photo.   The frame and insert are from a Spellbinders combo set and Lucy's hat is a cuttlebug die.

I curled some paper up in gold and teal to around the leaf sticker and added some bling in gold and amber.

For Lucy's realistic colouring I stamped using Versafine in black and after drying my preferred method of colouring is water colours.   I use a really cheap set of paints but they work really well and blending colour is easy.    I would love Copic pens but they are not easy to find in Australia....well, I've never seen them.....

Thanks for looking.

A.J








5 comments:

  1. Hi there. This is a fabulous card and your Lucy is just perfect, love her little hat absolutely fabulous colouring. I agree her expression is amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This is such fun. Glad you discovered The Stampsmith Challenge and hope to see you return for more challenge fun. The new themes are announced every 1st and 15th of the month.
    Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AJ. Love how you colored Lucy-even with the "cheap" paints. LOL Super fun birthday card. Glad you found the Stampsmith Challenge! The next Challenge starts on the 15th. Thanks for sharing your fun project with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to The Stampsmith Challenge, AJ!! What a great project this is -witty and creative! So glad you played along! The new challenge is now posted and we hope you get a chance to join us again!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete